If you’re feeling super productive and got your iPhone handy, Nomina lets you build your own brand name right from your iPhone. Whether it’s a company, a product, an organization or simply a concept, Nomina lets you develop an identity. This search tool for the iPhone and iPod Touch cuts high-priced services that charge you $40 for a simple trademark search. Simply enter any type of name into Nomina and in less than a minute you’ll know:
– Which domains are available at .com, .net, .org, .biz and 20 other top level domains including many international domains (like co.uk).
– Is there an existing trademark? Nomina will search the U.S. Patent and Trademark office to see if your name is registered or if there is a registration pending.
– Is there any common-law useage of the name? Nomina will tell you how many hits there are for your name on Google, which is a good indicator of whether the name is in use or not. It will also search: Dun & Bradstreet, Thomas Guide, US Yellow pages and Reuters News.
– Search the Library of Congress for occurrences of your name, in case there may have been other titles or works that may cause confusion to the public.
– What is the relevance of my name? Nomina will tell you if your name is in the English dictionary, which can help you define what the name means and whether that name may create the wrong impression.
– Do you develop applications for iPhones? Nomina will also search the iTunes database to see if your name already exists for an iPhone app.
All of the above are important for staking your claim to a name, brand or trademark. Nomina is a completely unique tool in this field. Even similar desktop computer applications don’t cover the scope of information found by Nomina.
Enter a name or phrase into the search field and press search to see a complete graphical presentation that summarizes your results in an easy-to-read research report.
Nomina also acts as a repository for your name ideas. Good ideas don’t always come when you’re at work in front of your computer. They often come when your driving your car, taking a walk or doing something unrelated to work. Since Nomina saves all of your name ideas, you can go back to them later for review or refinement. This is also great for rechecking the availability of a name. Perhaps “MyGreatName.com” wasn’t available a few months ago. Is it now? Simply go back to your recent list, click the entry for MyGreatName and then press the rescan button.
ImageNomina also saves you time. Manually doing a search like Nomina’s on your computer can take up to twenty minutes per name. Nomina can do the same search in one minute or much less if you have a good internet connection, like WiFi or 3G. Want to save your results to your computer or share them with a colleague? Nomina includes an email button that allows you to send name search results to any valid email address.
Developing a name for a company or product is no easy task. And when you do develop the right name, you want to be in a position to grab that name as soon as possible. When inspiration hits, be sure you have the best and most powerful tool available for researching and saving your trademark.
* Popular TLDs (.com, .net, .org) as well as many others like .tv and international TLDs
* U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
* Library of Congress
* Thomas Guide
* Dun & Bradstreet
* iTunes App Database
– Simple graphic result summaries.
– Uses custom WHOIS code for fast and accurate domain searches.
– Direct access to WHOIS results.
– Safari button to visit websites of unavailable domains (someone else has a domain you wanted. What are they doing with it?)
– Multi-threaded, parallel searches for fast results.
– Uses custom web view code to view lookup data (eliminating the need to quit the app to see raw results)
– Email function to send results to yourself or colleagues.
– Completely configurable search. Select only the searches you deem relevant. Change the order in which searches are executed.
– Feedback settings: Sound and/or vibration when your search is complete.
– Sort recent history alphabetically or by most recent.
This 3rd Party App is available at the Apple iTunes AppStore. Browse the full list of all AppStore apps filed under the AppStore category.
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.