Help & Tips for using AppSafari.com
AppSafari is a gallery of web applications for the iPhone and iPod touch. Take a look around and go on a safari of applications made for your new iPhone or iPod touch. Our goal to keep things simple and fun and keep you happy by giving you the latest and greatest apps and software developed just for your Apple iPhone or iPod touch.
New apps are released daily and we are constantly updating the site, so make sure to bookmark us on your mobile Safari browser or computer and visit us regularly for the latest developments.
- To download any of the apps from the App Store just tap/click the app’s thumbnail.
- Loading http://appsafari.com in your iPhone or iPod touch will render it using a much simpler user interface for faster browsing. Here is a sample screenshot.
- To read more details about any app and leave comments on it, just tap/click on its title text link.
- To rate any app, just click on the star rating (1-5) with 1 being awful and 5 being perfect.
Tips for using iPod touch / iPhone apps
Most of the apps listed here are Apps listed under the App Store category are official iPhone applications available via the iTunes App Store. To obtain App Store apps, you buy/download them from the App Store and install them on your iPhone. You can use either iTunes on your Mac or PC, or the App Store on your iPhone to get these apps. App Store apps range in price from Free to $999.99. Be sure to read the instructions on each app for more information.
- Web based apps (webapps) run inside the Safari web browser in your iPhone or iPod touch. If you are not using one of these devices you can still test out most of the webapps on your Windows PC or Mac as long as you are using the latest Safari Web browser from Apple to see the most likely resemblance of what the apps would look like in an iPhone or iPod touch.
- Apps filed under Webapps render differently if you access them from the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPod touch. Therefore these apps will not look the same when you load them from your regular Windows or Mac browsers but in most cases they will at least show you the non-mobile version of the app.
- Apps listed under the Software and Mods category are 3rd party applications which can only be installed on jailbroken devices and can be found in the Installer.app. Read the instructions on each app for more information.
Do you have a suggestion or news tip to pass along to AppSafari? Click here to contact us.
If you are a developer, or just know of a great app and would like to add your iPhone application to our gallery, please use our submission form and we will have it listed on the front page shortly.
Want to get paid to play with and review iPhone apps? We are looking for good technical writers. If interested apply here.