Do you want a wireless sync feature for your iPhone? If you have an iPhone and use Google Calendar and Gmail Contacts you will be happy to know that you can now seamlessly and continuously sync your iPhone to your Google account.
Using the Exchange features of the iPhone, with added support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol, you can setup a new Exchange accout on your iPhone that connects to your Google account which does a 2 way sync and populates your iPhone Contacts and Calendar apps.
The steps for setting up Gmail to iPhone sync are:
Important! Before you begin:
Make sure your device has version 2.2 firmware or above
Back up your Contacts and Calendar events on your iPhone. When setting up a new Exchange ActiveSync account on your iPhone, all existing Contacts and Calendar events will be deleted from your iPhone. Please make sure to back up any important data before you set up Google Sync.
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account….
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you’d like).
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendar are supported. Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.
13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.
Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. From now on every time you open the Calendar or Contacts app your information will be synced wireless after a few seconds. Don’t enable email on the Exchange account as this will not work with Google. You can add an IMAP account for your Gmail account on the iPhone which is a good alternative to POP3.
Here is a video demo of Gmail iPhone Syn using Exchange
Try with TestiPhone
Welcome to AppSafari. Our team loves apps and is dedicated to writing iPhone app reviews to help you find the best new & free iPhone apps in the App Store. For the latest App Store buzz check out the Trending iPhone apps updated daily with free games worth downloading. Enter our giveaway contest to win free apps every day. You can browse the site in either gallery or list layout.